Accounting Department Opportunities
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Accounting Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
The opportunities we are currently offering include the following:
- Accounts Payable Clerk (2-5 Years in a Similar Role)
- General Accounting Clerk (0-5 Years in a Similar Role)
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Accounts Payable Clerk include:
- Reconciling work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Paying vendors; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos
- Paying employees by receiving and verifying expense reports
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents
- Protecting organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Staying current in the accounting field by participating in educational opportunities
- Completing other general accounting duties as assigned
- Working with others in the organization with a positive helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes
Primary responsibilities for icon’s General Accounting Clerk include:
- Entering and balancing accounts receivable and payable on a daily basis
- Assisting with reconciling accounts receivable and payable accounts to the ledger
- Possessing the ability to learn various tasks in the department to cross-train and provide backup to others
- Assisting with other accounting projects in the office
- Assisting with general payroll duties
- Maintaining orderly financial filing system
- Working with others within the organization with a positive, helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. Ideal candidates for our Accounting Department will have experience taking a “hands on” role, and will possess a general understanding of how accounting roles relate to each other. Construction experience is preferred, however we welcome those who are eager to learn. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form below.