Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD)
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professional to join our Plumbing Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico, Haiti and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional projects.
The right candidate for this position will have 5+ years of plumbing design experience as it relates to building systems in the following types of facilities: healthcare, institutional, sporting industry, commercial, multi-family and educational facilities. This position requires strong technical abilities, organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Certified Plumbing Designer include:
• Specific knowledge in plumbing design, plumbing codes and applicable ASPE, ASHRAE NFPA guidelines
• Performing plumbing system design calculations, as well as preparing contract drawings and specifications detailing the design systems
• Selecting equipment for use in building systems, preparing Basis of Design reports, and incorporating sustainable design methods in buildings
• Coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines, architects, clients and contractors as part of a larger design team
• Reviewing and approving project drawings, standards and specs
• Ensuring all assigned activities and operations comply with applicable codes, regulations and laws
• Evaluating field installations and applying codes and client specifications to project design
• Producing a complete set of construction documents with minimal guidance from a Senior Designer or Project Engineer
• Demonstrating the ability to size and design domestic water, sanitary, storm, and med gas
Primary qualifications for icon’s Certified Plumbing Designer include:
• Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers OR a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) designation required
• If a PE, must be willing to attain CPD designation
• Strong technical knowledge of Bluebeam, Auto CAD and Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven ability to design and draft, as well as an overall computer knowledge
• 5+ years of plumbing design experience
• LEED certification preferred
• Excellent communication skills are essential to thrive in this team-based environment
• Knowledgeable of building materials, construction methods, building codes and regulations
• Self-starter who is highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenging projects
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company and to reward performance.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.