Commissioning Department Opportunities
icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Commissioning team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
The opportunity we are currently offering include the following:
- Commissioning Agent (5+ Years in Similar Role for Mechanical Contractor or Engineering Firm)
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Commissioning Agents include:
- Providing quality control of designs, energy models and specifications
- Communicating and coordinating with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials and consultants – Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Preparing Cx (Commissioning) specifications, check-lists and documents
- Providing on-site start-up and balancing observation of CxA of HVAC, Plumbing, BAS (Building Automation System)
- Performing preliminary and functional checks in conjunction with the construction team
- Performing thermal imaging and analyzing data produced during scans
- Reviewing construction & start-up check-lists, as well as TAB (Test and Balance) reports
- Generating comprehensive punch lists, Cx reports and documentation
- Reviewing construction budgets and change orders
- Traveling nationally for pre-design site visits, design meetings, and construction phase site observations when needed, providing a documented path for the construction project
Requirements of this position include:
- Five or more years of experience in commissioning mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of HVAC and piping systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Technical knowledge of various mechanical systems, construction methods and how the construction industry operates
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills, and must possess the ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel, with a familiarity of Revit and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with green building design practices and LEED Accredited work are a plus
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form below.