IT Support Specialist
IT Department Opportunities
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our IT Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor headquartered in Granite City, IL. Ideal candidates for our IT Department will be willing to take a “hands-on” role, have a team player attitude, and be motivated to learn and gain a general understanding of how to maintain icon’s current and future systems. This role will provide remote and onsite technical computer, device, and network support to ensure icon Mechanical systems are running at peak performance.
The opportunities we are currently offering include the following:
- IT Support Specialist (1+ Years of Experience in a Similar Role)
Primary responsibilities for icon’s IT Support Specialist role include:
- Analyze, identify, and resolve workstation computer hardware, operating system and application problems for end-users
- Respond, research, accurately troubleshoot and decipher problems by asking probing questions and utilizing available resources
- Purchase and set up laptops, mobile devices, work stations, and related software for users
- Create, manage, and terminate (setup, access changes, password resets, etc.) end-user accounts from authorized requests
- Maintain software and hardware inventories
Primary qualifications for icon’s IT Support Specialist role include:
- Associate’s Degree or an equivalent amount of relevant experience required
- Positive and professional attitude with excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate
- Technical aptitude with a focus on continuous learning and development
- Ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and PC software, including Dell systems
- Experience with security software for virus protection, spyware, malware, and spam is a plus
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company and to reward performance. IT experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.