Project Management Department Opportunities
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Project Management team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
The opportunities we are currently offering include the following:
- Project Manager Intern (Currently Enrolled Undergraduate, Jr. or Sr. Level)
- Project Manager (0-5 Years as Project Manager, Mechanical Construction Preferred)
- Senior Project Manager (5+ Years Managing Similar Work)
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Project Managers include:
- Managing and coordinating mechanical construction projects from conception to completion
- Fully understanding all projects in-depth, enabling yourself to: order materials/equipment, issue subcontracts, develop billings, complete and manage RFIs and change orders, as well as prepare/review submittals etc. You must be able to ensure all project team members are fully informed of this information
- Maintaining a working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging issues before they become a problem
- Estimating and selling projects of various types: plan/spec, design/assist, design/build
- Prepare fabrication shop work packages including detail drawing review, material take-off and buyout and man-hour fabrication budget
- Working hand and hand with our company’s Safety Department to analyze, manage and mitigate project risks, as well as ensure safety on the jobsites. This also includes overseeing all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Ensuring contractual conditions of performance are met
Requirements of this position include:
- Proven working experience in Construction Management or related field
- B.S. in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering (or related field) is a plus
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software packages—overall strong computer skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form below.