icon Mechanical is looking for a motivated self-starter to take on the role of Service Department Dispatcher. This professional must have in-depth knowledge of HVAC services in order to translate the needs of our customers to the skilled technician who is a perfect fit for the call. To perform successfully, our Service Dispatcher must be able to match each available technician to a job based on that technician’s skill level and location.
In addition, our Service Dispatcher will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the work schedules for field technicians and assure that all customercommitments are met in a timely manner
- Providing logistical support to technicians
- Communicating with both fellow employees and customers
- Informing customers of the progress of service operations while ensuring that techniciansoperate in a cost-effective fashion
icon is looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. Applicable skills of our Service Dispatcher include:
- Familiarity of Field Work: Efficiently read fieldwork orders, knowledge of HVAC equipment
- Adequate Computer Knowledge: Basic computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suites, in order to schedule jobs and employees efficiently. Must be willing to learn specified scheduling and accounting software.
- Quick-Thinking Mindset: The ability to identify and resolve complex issues; the ability to make judgment calls regarding the best plan of action for a particular job.
- Determined and Focused: Oversee our process from beginning to end, and a background in business studies may be beneficial. A strong work ethic and a “can-do” “let’s find a solution” attitude.
- Effective Communication Method: Excellent communication skills and a knowledge of HVAC work and terminology are crucial. Must be able to serve as a liaison between customers and HVAC techs, and work schedule coordinator for HVAC companies.
This position will report directly to the Service Manager. High School diploma required. This is a full-time salaried position, compensation will be commensurate with experience. icon provides health insurance, dental, vacation and 401k program and is an EOE/M/F.