icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our team as a Service Manager. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. We are headquartered in Granite City, IL, and have offices in St. Louis, MO, and Nashville, TN. The Service Manager will lead staff members who install, repair, and maintain heating and air conditioning systems in commercial buildings. Additionally, this manager will work directly with the client to build relationships, ensure customer satisfaction, and meet departmental goals and objectives.
Our ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in Service and have the skills to effectively manage a team and department. This position requires strong technical abilities, organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Service Manager include:
- Supervise, direct, and support HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions necessary to meet service demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Generate pull through opportunities, promote and develop maintenance/service agreements, and estimate and generate bids for contract work
- Communicate regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements, and that all required parts are ordered in a timely fashion.
- Report project information to client and company leadership such as estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours, and parts or material used and needed
- Maintain communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures, and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and services by the department
- Coordinate regular training program for HVAC technicians to maintain proficiency in preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, safety procedures, and company and department policies.
- Oversee assigned service vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated according to company policy to allow for technicians to work efficiently out of their vehicle
Primary qualifications for icon’s Service Manager include:
- 5 – 10+ years of HVAC Management experience or an equivalent amount of relevant experience and education required
- Positive and professional attitude with excellent communication and analytical skills
- Exhibit and in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- A top performer with a strong work ethic who can instill pride of workmanship in himself and in others
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity, uphold certain standards of work produced, and strong conflict management skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers