Site Safety Coordinator
icon Mechanical Construction and Engineering is seeking a Site Safety Coordinator for our Greater St. Louis regional operation. The Site Safety Coordinator will work closely with our regional teams, all members of the project team, and company’s Safety Director.
Candidate must have strong experience with commercial and industrial mechanical systems, as well as experience in our core markets: specifically Corporate/Office, Healthcare; Higher Ed; Life Sciences.
Site Safety Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and live icon Mechanical’s injury-free safety program
- Foster the development of safety
- Develop and blend company safe construction work practices in support of core market customers’ safe work practices
- Assist with the continual development of new methods for abating hazards
- Perform regular jobsite safety audits of work site activities, share findings, corrective actions and corrective plans with company project management
- Utilize every resource necessary to ensure the maintenance of an injury-free environment
- Assist and monitor second-tier subcontractors’ and suppliers’ selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
- Facilitate administrative duties, which may include: maintaining regional safety files such as safety training documentation; applicable medical certifications; environmental testing and special associated training; investigation reports including near-misses; injury summaries; leading indicator data and other safety and health documentation
icon is looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills
- The ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” “let’s find a solution” attitude.
- OSHA 30 and/or 510 certification within the last 3 years
- Current CPR/1stAid/AED certification
Additionally, but not required, the candidate will have:
- Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. icon provides health insurance and 401k program and is an EOE/M/F