icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Accounting Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our market sectors include healthcare, commercial, pharmaceutical, industrial and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for a Timekeeper will have 3 – 5 years of experience in a payroll or accounting role. This candidate will have experience taking a “hands on” role, and should demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational and communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. Construction experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn.
This role will be working with our field operations team at the General Motors Assembly Plant located in Wentzville, Missouri, in 2021. The Timekeeper will be responsible for daily communications between our GM field operations and our accounting group at icon’s Headquarters in Granite City, Illinois.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Timekeeper include:
- Processing new hire paperwork such as W-4’s, I-9 verification, emergency contact information, etc.
- Acquire, process, balance, and retain daily jobsite timecard data entry and balance against log.
- Review, balancing, and exporting of daily time records for craft employees.
- Run and audit jobsite employee time reports and proofread for accuracy.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of the hourly data entry for all hours worked in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with operating procedures.
- Maintain a daily/weekly labor spreadsheet.
- Invoice processing, cost coding, vendor and subcontractor communications will also be required.
- Other duties as requested.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Timekeeper include:
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a large team environment.
- Possessing exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Displaying strong attention to detail, while having the ability to make quick, informed decisions.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Having the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Remain mindful of sensitive information at all times.
- Performing efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working with others within the organization with a positive, helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with Unions is preferred.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint software is preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, ESOP, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers