US Steel – Granite City Works
|Owner||US Steel - Granite City Works|
|Construction Manager||MC Industrial|
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Value of icon's Work||$2,500,000|
Icon Mechanical served as the Mechanical Contractor for this US Steel Plant in Southwestern Illinois. This project consisted of:
- Installation of 96” dia. piping in 40’ – 80’ sections at a time inside of a working plant.
- Critical Lift plan design of execution of 14 sections.
- Installation of (4) 36” Boiler Feed Knife gates.
- Utilized the heat of the sun and small standby compressor to generate pressure inside of the piping to test at low pressure for final piping test.
- Design/Build 15ton Positive pressure HVAC unit & duct installation for Switch Gear room, bathrooms, and Operator Control room.
- Design/Build of (12) Natural Gas Unit heaters and approx. 800’ of natural gas piping.
Amongst other continued projects at this location, icon Mechanical was able to complete this project in 9 months on time with 0 injuries.
- Site Safety AWS-CWI Certification
- Critical Lift design & Execution
- 700’ of 96” dia. steel pipe.
- Office & Switch gear positive pressure HVAC system.
- 800’ of Natural Gas for (12) Gas unit heaters
- Quality Control Plan & Implementation
- (4) 36” dia. knife gate valves
Testing: Utilized Natural Pneumatic Testing and wall suction testing