Accounts Payable Assistant
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Accounting team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial, and institutional.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Accounting department located at our headquarters in Granite City, IL. Our ideal candidate for an Accounts Payable Assistant will be someone who is a self-starter with 3-5 years of experience in a similar role. We are looking for an individual who is reliable and precise to help us properly maintain our payable information and can assign invoices to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors within the construction industry. Construction experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn.
Primary Responsibilities for icon’s Accounts Payable Assistant include:
- Scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritizing invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Processing check requests.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other projects assigned.
Primary Qualifications for icon’s Accounts Payable Assistant include:
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounts payable is preferred.
- Performs efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with Accounting Software and experience with Vista by Viewpoint is a plus.
- Possesses exceptional communication (oral and written) and interpretation skills.
- Ability to follow standard filing procedures.
- Displays a strong attention to detail, while having the ability to make quick, informed decisions.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Having the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Works well with others within an organization by having a positive, helpful attitude; takes ownership of the role and seeks ways to improve processes.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution,
please apply today!
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, Employee Stock Ownership Program, 401k, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Gym Reimbursement, and Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.