icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Accounting Department as a Project Accountant. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our market sectors include healthcare, commercial, pharmaceutical, industrial and institutional.
This role will be working with our field operations team at a construction site located in St. Louis, Missouri. Our ideal candidate for a Project Accountant will have 3 – 5 years of experience in a payroll or accounting role. This candidate will have experience taking a “hands on” role, and should demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational and communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. Construction experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Project Accountant include:
- Processing new hire paperwork such as W-4’s, I-9 verification, emergency contact information, etc. and entering required data into the online daily reporting platform used for the project.
- Prepare and submit all required project related reporting, such as certified payroll.
- Acquire, process, balance, and retain daily jobsite timecard data entry and balance against log.
- Reviewing, balancing, and exporting of daily time records for craft employees.
- Run and audit jobsite employee time reports and proofread for accuracy.
- Maintain a daily/weekly labor spreadsheet and track craft PTO accrual based on project specific requirements.
- Coordination with payroll manager to ensure all dues are paid monthly and reporting is sent to the client.
- Review customer invoices for accuracy and communicate with vendors and subcontractors regarding discrepancies.
- Maintaining record of any documentation needed from subcontractors, such as certified payroll, while communicating regularly with subcontractors when such documents are needed.
- Monthly invoice submissions to the client.
- Reviewing and following significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions and terms & conditions.
- Reconciling work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Other duties as requested.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Project Accountant include:
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a large team environment.
- Possessing exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Displaying strong attention to detail, while having the ability to make quick, informed decisions.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Having the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Remain mindful of sensitive information at all times.
- Performing efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working with others within the organization with a positive, helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with Unions is preferred.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint software is preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, ESOP, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers