Payroll Department Opportunity: Payroll Assistant
icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Payroll Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for a Payroll Assistant will have 1+ years of experience in a payroll or accounting role. This candidate will have experience taking a “hands on” role, and will possess a general understanding of how Payroll and accounting roles relate to each other. This candidate should demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. Construction experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Payroll Assistant include:
- Complete verifications of employment and state audits for both current and terminated employees.
- Maintain the company log for employee vacation and sick time.
- Prepare weekly craft timesheets in excel for data entry.
- Scan and save all weekly and bi-weekly payrolls into pay period files.
- Maintain accurate employee records.
- Process new hire paperwork. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all necessary documents have been completed, inputting new employee information into Payroll/HR programs, completing the state new hire reporting and E-verification.
- Prepare weekly and bi-weekly paychecks and stubs for distribution and mailing.
- Process Union Reports on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Communicate with Project Managers, Field Foreman, and Safety regarding new hires and daily field time.
- Assist with job costing, garnishment payouts, and union rate sheet updates.
- Communicating with Project Managers for all jobs entailing subcontracts.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Payroll Assistant include:
- Possessing exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpretation skills
- Displaying strong attention to detail, while having the ability to make quick, informed decisions
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Having the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Remain mindful of sensitive information at all times.
- Performing efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Possessing knowledge of current Federal, State, Local and union payroll regulations and taxation, including those related to employee benefits.
- Working with others within the organization with a positive, helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with Unions is preferred.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint software is a plus
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, ESOP, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers