Preconstruction/Estimating Department Opportunities
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Preconstruction/Estimating team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
The opportunities we are currently offering include the following:
- Senior Plumbing Estimator (5+ Years in a Similar Role)
- Piping Estimator (2-5 Years in a Similar Role)
- Sheet Metal Estimator (2-5 Years in a Similar Role)
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Preconstruction & Estimating Professionals include:
- Analyzing each project before it starts and accurately estimating costs related to labor, materials, equipment and other relevant areas
- Reviewing and comprehending technical and administrative documents such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs)
- Determining list of material takeoffs to define quantities of work materials
- Determining work crews and production rates for performance of required tasks
- Breaking down scope of work into definable tasks
- Assisting in the development of bids, scope documents and proposals
- Developing pricing changes to existing projects
- Updating current pricing and labor within estimating software on a regular basis
- Developing a trust and level of respect from subcontractors and vendors to ensure best numbers on bid day—therefore maintaining relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Being well versed in computerized takeoff programs including Quote Express as well as capable of manual entry, digitizer and on-screen takeoff methods
Requirements of this position include:
- A proven working experience in construction estimating or related field
- A knowledge of HVAC and piping systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- A strong technical knowledge of various mechanical systems, construction methods and how the construction industry operates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A basic knowledge of construction accounting and experience with reading construction drawings and specifications
- Being a self-motivated team member with excellent time management skills
- The ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities
- The ability to develop thorough and accurate estimates and scope of work/proposal documents
- The ability to “fill in the gaps” in the bidding documents to ensure a complete estimate is produced
- The ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- The ability to use and interact with word processors at a moderate level (cut & paste, templates, document creation)
- The ability to interact with spreadsheets such as Excel at a moderate level (input, data manipulation, basic programming)
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experience Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, ESOP, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form below.
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.