Accounting Department Opportunity: Project Accountant
icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Accounting Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our market sectors include healthcare, commercial, pharmaceutical, industrial, and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for a Project Accountant will have 3 – 5 years of experience with billing and managing jobs. This candidate will have experience taking a “hands on” role, and should demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational and communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. Construction experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Project Accountant include:
- Provide project finance support and analysis for assigned projects.
- Set up new jobs from job information sheet.
- Request Certificates of Insurance for assigned projects.
- Reviewing and following contract requirements, special provisions and terms and conditions.
- Prepare lump sum and time and material invoice submission to customers.
- Prepare and submit all required project related reporting, such as certified payroll.
- Request subcontractor and other vendor invoices when necessary.
- Assist in coding subcontractor and equipment invoices for entry.
- Enter and track job estimates received from Project Managers.
- Review job cost reports monthly.
- Enter and maintain change orders received.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Project Accountant include:
- 1 – 3 + years of experience in billing or a similar role.
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a large team environment.
- Possessing exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Displaying strong attention to detail, while having the ability to make quick, informed decisions.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Having the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Remain mindful of sensitive information at all times.
- Performing efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working with others within the organization with a positive, helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with Unions is preferred.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint software is preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Employee Stock Ownership Program, Experienced Based Salary, Paid Time Off (PTO; Vacation), Bonuses, 401K, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Flexible work schedule and Gym reimbursements.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.