icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Project Management team as a Project Assistant. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for a Project Assistant role is someone who is personable, high energy, and who will bring a strong sense of leadership, direction, and commitment to our projects.
Primary responsibilities for an icon’s Project Assistant include:
• Assisting mechanical and plumbing construction projects from conception to completion.
• Work alongside and supporting Project Managers to complete project related tasks correctly and in a timely fashion.
• Understanding the projects, enabling yourself to: apply/track permits and inspections, record meeting minutes, update our construction software with up to date drawings and specifications, complete closeout documents, etc.
• Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging issues before they become a
• Working hand and hand with our company’s Safety Department to analyze, manage and mitigate project risks, as well as ensure safety on the jobsites.
Primary qualifications for an icon’s Project Assistant include:
• Proven working experience in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
• Associate’s degree in Construction Management or a related field is a plus.
• Familiarity with construction management software packages—overall strong computer skills.
• Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills.
• Possesses a strong personal commitment for long-term and meaningful goals.
• Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities.
• Demonstrate confidence in their knowledge and is committed to researching the answers and finding the right solution for things they do not know.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today. Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.