Purchasing Department Opportunity: Purchasing Agent
icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Purchasing Department. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor based out of Granite City, IL. With additional offices in St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for a Purchasing Agent will have 3+ years of experience in a purchasing or accounting role. This candidate will have experience taking a “hands on” role, and will possess a general understanding of how Purchasing and accounting roles relate to each other. This candidate should demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. Construction experience is preferred; however, we welcome those who are eager to learn. The primary location for this role will be in our Granite City office.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Purchasing Agent include:
- Process material and equipment rental purchase order requests on a daily basis.
- Select the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Enter and file purchase orders into Vista by Viewpoint software system.
- Work with vendors to place the purchase order and ensure delivery information and pricing is accurate.
- Reconcile and file vendor order acknowledgements.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to obtain purchase order details as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors and warehouse/shop staff to confirm delivery of materials when needed.
- Obtain material or rental quotes from multiple vendors as requested by Project Managers.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Purchasing Agent include:
- 1 – 3+ years of purchasing experience preferred.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint software is a plus.
- Perform efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Basic knowledge of PVF materials and the construction industry is encouraged.
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Possessing exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpretation skills
- Working with others within the organization with a positive, helpful attitude; taking ownership of the role and seeking ways to improve processes.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experience Based Salary, Bonuses, ESOP, 401k, Health Insurance.