Quality Control Inspector (Nashville, TN)
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Quality team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor specializing in HVAC, Piping, and Plumbing systems. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial, and institutional.
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Inspector to join our Quality department located at our office in Nashville, TN. Our ideal candidate for a Quality Control Inspector will be someone who is a self-starter with 3 + years of experience in a similar role. We are looking for an individual who has meticulous attention to detail, ensuring the highest quality standards in fabrication, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and external partners. They will be someone who is personable, has high energy, and will bring a strong sense of leadership, direction, and commitment to our projects.
Primary Responsibilities for icon’s Quality Control Inspector include the following:
- Performing layout verification, fit-up, and dimensional checks, as well as weld and brazing inspections of in-process and final fabrication.
- Verifying welder and welding procedure compliance to ensure adherence to industry standards.
- Resolving material and fabrication non-conformances in a timely and effective manner.
- Conducting material receiving inspections and review material certifications for compliance.
- Reviewing project plans, specifications, and methods to ensure they align with project standards.
- Witnessing pressure testing of pipe and duct systems to ensure safety and quality.
- Utilizing specific tools and instruments to support inspection duties, ensuring precision and accuracy.
- Collaborating with subcontractors and third-party inspection and testing companies to coordinate inspection activities.
- Documenting inspection and test reports accurately and submitting them to the Quality Control Manager.
- Adapting to all Quality tasks as they arise.
Primary Qualifications for icon’s Quality Control inspector include the following:
- Ability to interpret material and fabrication requirements from design drawings, contract specifications, and shop detail drawings.
- Knowledge of proper fabrication methods, including cutting, burning, shearing, drilling, assembly, bolting, welding, cleaning, and painting.
- Proficiency in using measuring devices such as gauges, meters, calipers, and computers to perform inspections and record data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite for documentation and reporting purposes.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification from the American Welding Society is required.
- Must pass an annual visual acuity exam, including color differential perception, to ensure accurate inspections.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today!
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, Employee Stock Ownership Program, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, Gym Reimbursement, and Paid Time Off (PTO; Vacation).
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.