Service Project Manager
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our team as a Service Project Manager. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. We are headquartered in Granite City, IL, and have offices in St. Louis, MO, and Nashville, TN. The Service Project Manager will well-versed in account acquisition, account management, estimating, small project management, project development, and preventative maintenance sales. This position would be based out of our Granite City campus.
Our ideal candidate for this position will have 5+ years of experience in both field and service account management. This candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, conceptual design, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Service Project Manager include:
- Develop and manage ongoing client relationships with existing and new customers. Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and manage service projects from conception to completion.
- Work closely with existing customers to understand business needs and recommend technical and innovative solutions.
- Seeking out and researching prospective opportunities through various methods.
- Estimating and selling projects based on conceptual design and/or limited availably of design.
- Prepare preventative maintenance agreements.
- Preparing energy payback and ROI studies for customers.
- Ongoing project and account analysis to ensure profitability.
- Maintain cutting edge of equipment and new technologies that benefit our customers.
- Fully understanding all projects in-depth, enabling yourself to: order materials/equipment, issue subcontracts, develop billings, complete and manage RFIs and change orders, as well as prepare/review submittals etc. You must be able to ensure all project team members are fully informed of this information.
- Working hand and hand with our company’s Safety Department to analyze, manage and mitigate project risks, as well as ensure safety on the jobsites. This also includes overseeing all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Ensuring contractual conditions of performance are met.
- Effective communication with service management and field staff.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Service Project Manager include:
- 5 – 10+ years of experience in HVAC Service or mechanical project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Associate’s degree in HVACR Technologies, or equivalent field experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Familiarity or knowledge of digital controls systems is a plus.
- Experience with estimating is a plus. We are looking for someone who can use this knowledge to complete estimates.
- Genuine desire to solve problems.
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills.
- Possesses a strong personal commitment for long-term and meaningful goals.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities.
- Demonstrate confidence in their knowledge and is committed to researching the answers and finding the right solution for things they do not know.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to present one’s self in a professional manner.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers