Site Safety Supervisor Nashville, TN
Site Safety Supervisor Opportunity
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our team in Nashville, Tennessee as Site Safety Supervisor. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor headquartered in Granite City, IL. With offices in St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
The Site Safety Supervisor will be responsible for supporting the General Motors project in Spring Hill, TN. The Site Safety Supervisor will work closely with all members of the General Motors project team, and the company’s Safety Director.
The ideal candidate for our Site Safety Supervisor will have 3 – 5 years of experience as safety supervisor or in a similar role. This candidate will have strong experience with industrial and commercial safety practices, as well as experience in communicating with a diverse workforce. Experience in working in a General Motors plant, or a heavy industrial environment is a plus.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Site Safety Supervisor role include:
- Lead and live icon Mechanical’s injury-free safety program.
- Foster the development of safety both on and off the project site.
- Develop and blend company safe construction work practices in support of core market customers’ safe work practices.
- Perform regular jobsite safety audits of work site activities, share findings, and develop corrective actions with company project management.
- Utilize every resource necessary to ensure the maintenance of an injury-free environment.
- Assist and monitor second-tier subcontractors’ and suppliers’ selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
- Perform annual safety orientations for all new hires, subcontractors, and current employees.
- Facilitate administrative duties, which may include applicable medical certifications, environmental testing and special associated training, investigation reports including near-misses, injury summaries, leading indicator data and other safety health documentation.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Site Safety Supervisor role include:
- Positive and professional attitude with excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate – we are looking for someone with a “can do” and “let’s find a solution” attitude.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others to utilize safe construction work practices.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks, produce high quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- OSHA 30 and/or 510 certifications within the last 3 years required.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification is a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC) certification is preferred but not required.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.