Talent Acquisition Specialist (Granite City, IL)
icon Mechanical is seeking a qualified professional to join our Human Resource Department as the Talent Acquisition Specialist. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our market sectors include healthcare, commercial, pharmaceutical, industrial and institutional.
At icon Mechanical, we are always looking to strengthen our organization by adding the best available talent to our team. Our ideal candidate for a Talent Acquisition Specialist will have 1 – 3+ years of experience in sourcing and identifying top tier individuals for various roles in our company. This individual will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment. This role will work closely with individuals across different departments, company leadership, and potential new hires, so excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Our ideal candidate will be personable, high energy, and bring a strong sense of leadership and commitment to our projects.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Talent Acquisition Specialist include:
- Managing the full recruiting cycle for critical roles and collaborating with and advise Hiring Managers to identify and acquire strong talent.
- Building and executing recruiting strategies in line with industry and market trends that will target high priority needs.
- Sourcing potential candidates through online career portals, recruitment sites, social media platforms, and in person events, and external recruiters (as needed).
- Developing job descriptions, determining job qualifications and requirements, evaluating applications, and screening candidates.
- Coordinating interviews, gathering feedback on candidates, assisting with offer letter development and negotiation.
- Serving as a company advocate and the main point of contact for all candidates. Fostering good relationship with potential candidates and past applicants.
- Develop and onboard new employees to ensure they feel welcome and prepared with the tools and resources they need to be successful in their new role.
- Maintaining record of all candidates and providing regular status updates to Hiring Managers, Company Leadership, and the HR Manager.
- Recruit and manage our Summer Internship Program.
- Designing and implementing Human Resource programs and policies to best achieve the organization’s objectives.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Talent Acquisition Specialist include:
- 0 – 3 + years of experience in talent acquisition, recruiting, and/or human resources is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, Communication, or another related field.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Possessing exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines, and when tasked with multiple duties your attention to detail stays consistent.
- Overall strong computer skills. Performing efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Working experience in the LinkedIn Recruiter platform is a plus.
- Having the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a creative, efficient, and solution-based mindset.
- Strong organization skills and able to maintain confidential or sensitive information.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.