ALSTOM-Miller Unit 1 & 2 Turbine Retrofit
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Value of icon's Work||$1,083,000|
icon Mechanical worked extensively with ALSTOM Power coordinating the work prior to mobilization. Both unit 1 and unit 2 outages were completed several shifts early enabling Alabama Power to supply power to their grid sooner if need be. Safety and human performance was the number one priority as on any icon Mechanical project. The outages finished with approximately 15,000 craft hours with no accidents or injuries. The project scope included:
- Machine cutting of existing extraction lines for removal of the lower turbine casing.
- Installation of temporary steel and rigging to restrain the existing extraction lines from moving.
- Installation of welded spools on LP extraction lines for reconnection of the lower turbine casings to existing plant piping.
- Installation of new 1 ½” stainless steel spray piping to the new turbine rotor hoods.
- Project completed to ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code, including complete weld map documentation and non-destructive evaluation.
- Reinstallation of cladding installed on all piping systems in the condensers for corrosion protection.