|Construction Manager||ALSTOM Power|
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Value of icon's Work||$1,727,000|
icon Mechanical utilized extensive pre-job planning and extensive shop fabrication to insure the Karn Unit 1 Gland Steam/Turbine Retrofit project was completed with the highest quality and customer satisfaction. The project scope included:
- Pre-outage installation of gland steam pipe fabrication in tight areas around the low pressure turbine condensers.
- Selective demolition of antiquated gland steam system.
- Pre-fabrication of new gland steam valve station consisting of approximately 160 welds for high pressure steam. The station was fabricated on a shipping frame so the installation was completed with 6 tie-in welds reducing cost for the owner and valuable time during the outage.
- Installation of a new gland steam condenser.
- Installation of new access ways in the existing condensers walls for access to LP extraction lines and gland steam supply and return pipe work.
- Installation of new stainless steel hood spray piping on the LP’s.
- Removal and replacement of 16” extraction bellows in the LP condensers.
- Installation of welded spools on LP extraction lines for reconnection of the lower turbine casings to existing plant piping.
- Modifications to existing 2” thick turbine gland steam pedestals for installation of new gland steam supply and return piping.
- Project completed to ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code, including complete weld map documentation and non-destructive evaluation.
- 100% 16 gauge stainless steel cladding installed on all piping systems in the condensers for corrosion protection.