De-Sulfurization Project, US Steel
Granite City, Illinois
|Owner||US Steel - Granite City Works|
|Construction Manager||MC Industrial|
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Design Assist Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Value of icon's Work||$3,600,000|
Icon Mechanical served as the Mechanical Contractor for this US Steel Plant in Southwestern Illinois.
This project consisted of:
- Underground relocation of Potable Water, sewer system, and drain systems.
- (12) hot taps on misc. services inside of the working plant (ex: 500lb. steam, 300lb. steam, Coke Oven Gas, Acid Gas
- Critical lift design and execution of (30) different modules ranging from 15 ton 4-point pick, to 120+ ton 8-point pick.
- Pre-fabricated interconnecting piping coordination with fabricator in Houston, TX.
- Fabrication of approx. 6,000’ of piping ranging from 3” dia. to 6” dia. C.S. and S.S. piping.
- Installation of fabricated piping in 40’ sections, within 4hr./day windows inside of the working plant.
- Fabrication and installation of 3,000’ of steam tracing, trap assemblies, and supply assemblies.
- Worked closely with system designer and plant to safely and efficiently test all piping and interconnecting vessels within small time frame.
- 1500’ of misc. piping service extensions including Nitrogen, Compressed air, Cooling water return, and supply, and 300lb. steam.
Amongst other continued projects at this location, icon Mechanical was able to complete this project in 13 months on time with 0 injuries.