SunCoke Gateway Energy Hot Box
|Owner||SunCoke Energy - Granite City Operations|
|Construction Manager||icon Mechanical|
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Value of icon's Work||$155,000|
icon Mechanical self-performed this project for SunCoke Energy GCO Coke Plant in Southwestern Illinois.
This project consisted of:
- Installation of additions beams and cross bracing to solidify the existing Flat Push Hot Car Trolley Frame.
- Replacement of the Flat Push Hot Car Hot Box. This was completed in one shift.
Items completed during the box change out shift:
- Disconnecting air piping from existing Hot Box.
- Disconnection of traverse and lift hydraulic cylinders from existing Hot Box.
- Installation of (3) W12 load rated lifting beams between the trolley and existing Hot Box.
- Removal of the 160,000 pound Hot Box with side clearances of less than 3” in some locations.
- Installation of the new Hot Box, these picks were completed with a 550 ton hydraulic crane.
- Removal of the (3) W12 lifting beams from between the trolley and the new Hot Box.
- Reconnecting the air piping to the new Hot Box.
- Reconnecting the cylinders to the new Hot Box.