1 Million Square-Foot Brewery — From Build to Brew in 6 Months
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
icon Fast-Tracks Brewery l Distribution Center l Central Utility Plant
A shortage and subsequent high demand for this hard seltzer positioned the owner in immediate need of a new production facility. The one million square-foot, $400 million grass roots brewery was fast-tracked for a six-month completion in early 2021.
The general contractor quickly engaged icon Mechanical for MEP system design and components for the facility, including the central utility plant (CUP).
icon is known nationally for our ability to expedite the construction schedule through our award-winning prefabrication and modularization.
icon began fabricating CUP components just 15 days after being awarded the project. The fabricated components were then shipped to the job site, timed to arrive exactly when needed. icon completed our project deliverables on schedule, allowing for the project to be completed in the six-month window. (See timeline below).
What icon delivered:
The Central Utility Plant
(4) 950-ton centrifugal, water-cooled chillers and associated towers
(3) Large pump skids – primary chilled water; secondary chilled water, and condenser water
(3) 125 GPM l 4,000 gallon steam-fired process hot water heaters
(2) 600-BHP steam boilers rated at 20,700 lb per hour
(2) 1,200-BHP steam boilers rated at 41,400 lb per hour
(1) Combination Deaerator/Surge Tank
(1) 1,400 CFM, 335-HP, oil-free VSD air compressor
(1) 1,000 CFM 250-HP, oil-free, fixed-speed air compressor
(3) Desiccant air dryers for -40 degree dew point