Clayton Police Department Headquarters
|Owner||City of Clayton|
|Architect||Lawrence Group Architects|
|Design Build Mechanical||icon Mechanical|
|Value of icon's Work||$2,828,000|
Lawrence Group Architectural provided design, documentation and construction administration services to facilitate the conversion of this circa 1958 six-story office structure into a public safety and municipal facility. Lawrence Group completed a building core and shell renovation, including seismic assessment; replacement of windows, doors, roof, and toilet rooms; replacement of HVAC, electrical, fire alarm and plumbing / fire protection systems; and upgrades to grand stair, historic public lobby and elevators.
The renovated facility serves as the City of Clayton’s Police Department Headquarters while maintaining the outward architectural appearance, detailing and massing of the original construction. Considered by the City to be part of its patrimony, the renovated interior of 10 S. Brentwood includes patrol, investigation, administration, evidence, lab, records, and gym / locker spaces, a municipal court, secure vertical circulation and lobbies, and support functions on three full floors. An overhaul of the existing adjacent three-level parking structure to provide off-street police and tenant parking and erect an elevated Solar Photo Voltaic Array was also realized through this project.
The 10 S. Brentwood project is on pace to earn LEED® Gold Certification.