Low-Temp Refrigeration Technician – icon Service Department
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Service Department! We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. We are headquartered in Granite City, IL, and have offices in St. Louis, MO, and Nashville, TN.
We are seeking an experienced Low-Temp Refrigeration Technician to be based out of our Nashville, TN office with travel to the Nashville and Middle Tennessee area. Our ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 3+ years as a commercial service technician, field technician or a similar role. This person will be someone who is a self-starter that possesses strong communication and organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and is willing to travel and be on call. This person will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of low-temperature refrigeration equipment for our commercial clients. They will utilize their expertise in brands of equipment and control systems to troubleshoot and repair equipment when facility operators cannot, providing reliable service to our clients.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Low-Temp Refrigeration Technician include the following:
- Conducting regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance of low-temp refrigeration equipment.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting refrigeration systems, including wiring diagrams, schematics, and other technical manuals.
- Repairing or replacing any defective components as needed.
- Performing installations of new refrigeration systems and upgrades when necessary.
- Responding promptly to emergency repair requests, providing reliable service to our clients.
- Communicating effectively with clients and colleagues, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow.
- Keeping accurate records of work performed and parts used.
- Working independently with minimal supervision.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Low-Temp Refrigeration Technician include the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in commercial low-temperature refrigeration service is required.
- Possessing a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation with a clean driving record is required.
- The ability to gain access to military bases is required.
- Certification as a Refrigeration Technician is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of multiple brands of equipment and controls systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Willingness to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
Compensation and Benefits include the following: Experience based pay, Bonuses?/Sign on bonus?, Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off (PTO; Vacation), Flexible work schedule.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today!
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.