Safety Department Opportunities – Site Safety Supervisor
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our team as Site Safety Supervisor. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor headquartered in Granite City, IL. With offices in St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
Currently we have opportunities available in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO, and Nashville, TN! The ideal candidate for our Site Safety Supervisor will have 3 – 5 years of experience as Safety Supervisor or in a similar role. This candidate will have strong experience with industrial and commercial safety practices, as well as experience in communicating with a diverse workforce. Experience in our core markets: corporate/office, healthcare, and higher education is a plus. The Site Safety Supervisor will work closely with our regional and national teams, all members of the project team, and the company’s Safety Director.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Site Safety Supervisor role include:
- Lead and live icon Mechanical’s injury-free safety program.
- Foster the development of safety both on and off the project site.
- Develop and blend company safe construction work practices in support of core market customers’ safe work practices.
- Perform regular jobsite safety audits of work site activities, share findings, and develop corrective actions with company project management.
- Utilize every resource necessary to ensure the maintenance of an injury-free environment.
- Assist and monitor second-tier subcontractors’ and suppliers’ selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
- Perform annual safety orientations for all new hires, subcontractors, and current employees.
- Facilitate administrative duties, which may include applicable medical certifications, environmental testing and special associated training, investigation reports including near-misses, injury summaries, leading indicator data and other safety health documentation.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Site Safety Supervisor role include:
- Positive and professional attitude with excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate – we are looking for someone with a “can do” and “let’s find a solution” attitude.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others to utilize safe construction work practices.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks, produce high quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- OSHA 30 and/or 510 certifications within the last 3 years required.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification is a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC) certification is preferred but not required.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.