Project Scheduler Opportunity
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Project Management team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial, and institutional.
Currently we are looking for a Project Scheduler to join our team at either our Granite City, IL or Nashville, TN offices. The ideal candidate for this role will have 3 – 5 + years of experience in project coordination, scheduling or in a similar role. This candidate will work closely with a variety of Project Managers, and Project Directors. They will be someone who is personable, highly organized, possessing a passion for problem solving and will bring a strong sense of leadership, direction, and commitment to our projects.
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Project Scheduler role include:
- Project scheduling using Primavera P6 software in developing design and construction schedules for large engineering/procurement/construction projects from conception to completion.
- Working closely with preconstruction managers, project managers, engineers, superintendents, contractors, and other project services staff to provide detailed planning.
- Develop resource and cost loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked.
- Recommend viable solutions to reduce production costs, improve production processes and product quality.
- Identifies changes to production schedules and coordinates with the relevant departments to resolve and effect changes to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Acts as the day-to-day point of contact for operations to assist in resolution of order promising, customer delivery difficulties and demand vs. supply conflicts.
- Uses conceptual building drawings to create sound logic and content to a P6 schedule.
- Provides experienced input on areas of concern/critical path tasks that will need to be addressed within the schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Project Scheduler role include:
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a Project Scheduling role for small and large capital projects.
- We are also open to an individual with 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager that has built and managed project schedules in MS Project or similar with a desire to learn P6.
- Strong knowledge of Primavera P6 software is preferred.
- Experienced in setting up and managing P6 resource loaded schedules.
- Experience with MS Project or similar is a plus.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of project members.
- Willingness to perform site walk downs if needed.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities.
- Demonstrate confidence in their knowledge and is committed to researching the answers and finding the right solution for things they do not know.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experience Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, ESOP, Health Insurance.
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.