Project Management Department Opportunities
icon Mechanical is seeking qualified professionals to join our Project Management team. We are a design engineering, fabrication and self-perform mechanical contractor. With offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN, icon has a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for a Project Manager role is someone who is personable, high energy, and who will bring a strong sense of leadership, direction, and commitment to our projects.
The opportunities we are currently offering include the following:
- Project Manager Intern (Currently Enrolled Undergraduate, Jr. or Sr. Level)
- Project Manager (0-5 Years as Project Manager, Mechanical Construction Preferred)
- Senior Project Manager (5+ Years Project Manager, Mechanical Construction Preferred)
Primary responsibilities for icon’s Project Management professionals include:
- Managing and coordinating mechanical construction projects from conception to completion
- Fully understanding all projects in-depth, enabling yourself to: order materials/equipment, issue subcontracts, develop billings, complete and manage RFIs and change orders, as well as prepare/review submittals etc. You must be able to ensure all project team members are fully informed of this information.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract.
- Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging issues before they become a problem.
- Estimating and selling projects of various types: plan/spec, design/assist, design/build.
- Oversee the preparation of fabrication shop work packages and possess a strong understanding of the content including detail drawing review, material take-off and buyout and man-hour fabrication budget.
- Working hand and hand with our company’s Safety Department to analyze, manage and mitigate project risks, as well as ensure safety on each job site. This also includes overseeing all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Ensuring contractual conditions of performance are met.
Primary qualifications for icon’s Project Management professions include:
- Proven working experience in Construction Management or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages—overall strong computer skills.
- Proficient in P6 or Microsoft Project and able to provide examples of a project resource loaded schedule that they have personally built.
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills.
- Possesses a strong personal commitment for long-term and meaningful goals.
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities.
- Experience with estimating is a plus. We are looking for someone who can use this knowledge to complete estimates for change orders and be able to extract estimated hours to build a resource-loaded schedule.
- Demonstrate confidence in their knowledge and is committed to researching the answers and finding the right solution for things they do not know.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and to reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.
Compensation and Benefits include: Experienced Based Salary, Bonuses, 401k, Health Insurance.
Applications can be submitted to via completion of our online submission form at www.iconmech.com/about/careers
icon Mechanical is deeply committed to our corporate philosophy built on safety, commitment to quality, sustainability, diversity, and people. We create enriching experiences both for our clients and our team and strive to provide a work environment that facilitates awesomeness for everyone involved. If you think you’d be a good fit for our culture of innovation, meticulous execution, and celebrations of success, complete our career form to join the icon Mechanical family.